Featured Post

The Most Important Thing You Can Do To Keep Us Safe!

Call the Police! Use 911 in true emergencies. Use 301-352-1200 (non-emergency number): To report incidents that requires the non-emerg...

Thursday, November 15, 2018

Sad to Say, Major Keleti Is Leaving Us


This evening I was notified that I would be transferred to the Narcotics Enforcement Division effective November 25th.  I wanted to thank each of you, the members of District VII CAC, for all the support you have shown me and the District VII Team.  It’s been my honor and privilege to work with such a great group of community leaders.  We have made great progress regarding community issues and especially the safety along Indian Head Highway.  I believe it is beneficial for all of us to work together as it is a win-win for the community and the police department. I will miss working on important community issues with you and will work with the new commander, Major Timothy “JJ” Muldoon, on a smooth transition.   I have known Major Muldoon for many years and know that he will fit in nicely. He is highly respected and has a great sense of humor.  I have cc'd him on this email so please add him to the CAC and SCCR email distribution lists for notifications.  Thank you for your support, please keep my number and feel free to reach out to me at any time!  It has been my honor to serve such an outstanding community. 

Editor's note: Major Keleti had our support because we responded to what we saw in him - a kind, responsive guardian who made us and our families feel safe. He was more than our District Commander, he was our friend.
He asked what we needed and he came through with a solution every time. His leadership has saved lives on MD 210.
We are the luckiest Police District in all of Prince George's to have had him here.
We wish him fair winds and following seas.
Major Keleti will be missed.